With more than 85 recipes featuring the versatile, delicious tomato, From Vine to Table: Everything Tomatoes, the Fruit of Love takes you on a culinary journey. Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or a well-seasoned cook, Christina Cavallaro Edick makes creating fresh, homemade meals inviting with clearly written recipes and techniques that also address the concerns of modern cooks, with regards to time, health, and tastes.
Having grown up in an Italian American family, Christina embraces readers with her down to earth approach as she complements her recipes with her personal experiences with food and travels. An avid gardener, Christina uses fresh, homegrown tomatoes whenever possible and includes a section on the tomato varieties used in her recipes in addition to preserving her harvests.
- For those who feel like they cook the same thing all the time, From Vine to Table: Everything Tomatoes, the Fruit of Love is a treasure offering up both time-honored and uniquely new recipes, from Bloody Mary Mix to Fig and Tomato Salad to Caprese Meatballs, that the entire family will enjoy.
- For traditional cooks, this book offers fresh twists on old favorites such as Fresh Tomato Soup, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffed Tomatoes, and homemade Ketchup.
- For the generation of Italian Americans who want to learn favorite Italian based recipes, this book offers the basics every Italian must know such as Top-Secret Pasta Sauce, Tomato Ricotta Toast, Roasted Tomato Basil Soup, Fig & Tomato Salad, Eggplant Bake, Caprese Meatballs, and the ever-popular Tomato Risotto.
- For kitchen-novices, this book offers a fresh way to cook with tomatoes. While learning how versatile this fruit is, you’ll have the option to try new recipes you may have never considered, like Tomato Cups, Tomato Watermelon Salad, Tomato Barley Pilaf, Scalloped Tomatoes, Tomato Pie, and Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce.
- For seasoned cooks, this book is a treasure of over 80 traditional and contemporary recipes that you will love.